An US-based company InFocus is to launch a new smartphone with iris Scanner for Aadhar card. InFocus will work for UIDAI ( Unique Identification Authority of India ) to link Aadhar..
Highlights of this smartphone
This smartphone is cost around ₹ 12,000.
- The smartphone will be launch in next year (2017).
- InFocus also says it has been awarded STQC (Standardization Testing and Quality Certification) from the Indian government.
- STQC certification authenticates the use of Iris-recognition devices, used for biometric authentication linked under the Aadhar project.
- InFocus smartphone features IriTech’s superior iris image quality assessment and on-board K7 generation algorithm to provide good quality images and avoid false positives while maximising true positive identification rates InFocus India Country Head Sachin Thapar told.
- Iritech technology also work apart from UIDAI with the agencies of country like USA, Kenya and Columbia.
- The smartphone with embedded algorithm can complete an image capture and K7 image generation in less than 2 seconds. It can capture the iris image under various environments, including under direct sunlight.
- The biometric data from the InFocus device gets encrypted by a UIDAI key at the chip level in device, making it impossible for anyone but the Aadhaar server to see the information.
- The InFocus Aadhaar-enabled iris smartphone is a great example of the innovation possible on the Aadhaar platform. The phone is timely as it can be used for applications like opening instant bank accounts with eKYC and as a cashless micro ATM for merchant payments.
- This smartphone can use for cashless facility as our honorable Prime Minister says.
- Stating that the device can be used as a secure and reliable biometric solution in various arenas like banking, E-PDS (Electronic Public Distribution System), MNREGA (Mahatma Gandhi National Rural employment Guarantee Act) payments, E-governance services such as passport, taxation, healthcare and education.
- InFocus Smartphone has emerged as the most reliable and accurate biometric device with virtually zero error as FRR (false reject rate),” said the company.
- The image of this phone is not available till now, but company promises that it will be launch in 2-3 months.
- 4.5-inch display
- 1.5GHz quad-core processor
- 1.5GB RAM, 8GB of internal storage, expandable memory up to 64GB with microSD
- Iris Camera
- Android 5.1 (Lollipop)
- Dual SIM
- 4G VoLTE, WiFi 802.11 b/g/n, Bluetooth 4.1, GPS
- 2,300mAh battery
It is a very great decision to make a phone that will enable Aadhar card. It will very useful in many ways. Stay tune with use for more details.
– Source : Gadgets 360
Feel Free For Suggestions. For Any Queries or Feedback Kindly Contact Us.